Current employment opportunities are listed below. Please select "show more" to view the full detail & requirements for each opportunity or to apply online.
- Install and configure software
- Develop and maintain support applications
- Troubleshoot system issues and outages
- Establish monitoring for web services and APIs
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Lead effort to offload computing functionality to the cloud (AWS)
- Aid in effort to standardize best practices across applications and processes
The Data Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems (hardware and software) related to quantitative trading team activities. In this role, the individual participates in technical research, new development, & maintenance of business activities to enable continued innovation with predictive analytic efforts.
- Develop API, web services, and models
- Develop scripts and data queries
- Perform daily system monitoring verifying the integrity/availability of hardware resources, systems, and key processes/services
- Repair and drive the identification of root cause for hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted team members and stakeholders.
- Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration, database, or monitoring activities
- Contribute to and maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- 4-6 years development, system administration, and/or databases experience
- Bachelor's degree with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Strong Linux experience
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Shell, R, or other language
- Software development experience (java, .NET, python, C/C++, or etc.)
- Software Configuration Management (Git, SVN etc.)
- Passion to learn, self-motivate, & drive execution in an entrepreneurial setting
- Resourcefulness, demonstrated problem-solving aptitude and critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Database experience (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres) / SQL
- Cloud Compute (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Paperspace, or etc.)
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Airflow experience
- Python and/or R
- Machine Learning/Data Science and/or familiarity with concepts and best practices
- General cloud experience (AWS)
- Comfort with a startup culture/environment
- Webservice/API development
- Data Warehousing
May require working evenings and/or weekends as needed.
Show Less »
No regular travel required.